Saturday, January 16, 2010

Still Alive!

OK so it's been a busy month! I was away for Christmas with the family, I had visitors coming to stay over the new year and with some tight deadlines at work it's meant that I haven't found the time for posting any blog entries in the last few weeks. So sorry about that - normal broadcasting to resume from now on.

Despite all this I have found some time to play with little plastic men. My Mechanized Guard have had some love, with my veteran squad and command HQ now painted up for the table - you can see them them partially done in my previous post. They still need another once over to get some of their more unique bits done - bandannas, bandages etc - but that can wait as I want to get the whole army painted first. After these guys, I just have my company commander (the lovely metal Cadian captain model) and the veteran's and company command chimeras left to do.

So what next? I hate to jump on the bandwagon, but I have my heart set on a Space Wolves army. These guys were my first love. One of the first White Dwarfs I ever bought contained the release of the 2nd edition Space Wolves codex, with that lovely Geoff Taylor artwork on the front and the amazing fluff in here got me hooked. In fact this was the first codex I ever bought.



So these guys were my first obsession - even before signing up to the ranks of the Emperor's most holy Imperial Guard some years later when their 2nd edition codex. My figure cabinet even has my old Ragnar Blackmane, Ulrik the Slayer and Njal Stormcaller miniatures in there - from way back in the old days! I'll get some photos up soon for your amusement.

With the recent release of the 5th edition codex along with all those lovely plastics, my desire for space Vikings has been rekindled and I am desperate to start on them. With new codex in hand, I have planned out the first 1000pts with a footslogging theme - not a tank in sight! Although this might not work so well on the battlefield, I love the fluffy image of these guys running for days straight to get to the battlefield, and then carrying on running headlong into the enemy!

But... I'm going to be disciplined and get what I have of the guard finished first. Discipline prevents the old "lead under the bed" syndrome, whereby you end up with all those unpainted models lying about that you bought with the best of intentions, but you somehow never got any further than opening the blister pack. I've got quite enough of that, thank you, and I intend to be good from now on.

So there we go, I have plenty of stuff on the boil to keep me occupied and to post about over the next few months, along with a secret project on the go that I shall reveal in due time... Wooo, exiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment