Monday, May 10, 2010

BattleScribe

So I return after about 4 months of neglect.

I've been spending time finishing up a project I've worked on over the last year, on and off. I've always been on the hunt for a piece of software to help me build and edit army lists for 40k and other games on my PC. Although I have tried Army Builder and some of the free ones out there, I haven't really been keen on any of them. Some of them have quite garish skins that drive me nuts. Some don't have a control layout I like or don't show all the information I want to see. The data file editors or formats can be quite complex and hard to understand.

So I ended up with a folder full of text documents I'd keep having to edit by hand. I'd been thinking of having a crack at building my own roster editor for years, but never really got around to it. Until one day early last year I decided to bite the bullet and give it a go.

BattleScribe is my take on an army creator toolset. It's given me a chance to create a tool that suits the way I want to go about creating a roster. I hope it solves some of the issues I have with some of the other tools out there. Plus it's been a fun project to undertake, probably the biggest solo project I've actually completed. It's in beta so some things are still a bit creaky, but it's usable.


There's a BattleScribe website at www.battlescribe.net, and I've set up a few means for the community to suggest ideas and give feedback. BattleScribe is free so Give it a go and let me know what you think.

Normal transmission will now resume...

No comments:

Post a Comment